We had an exciting day today visiting various countries for Culture Fair! The students got to learn about countries from South America, Africa, and Asia!
Here are some pictures!
- We learned all about the sh and ch sound.
- We read some famous folk tales. We learned that they usually start with Once upon a time, are fictional stories involving talking animals, and they teach a valuable lesson!
- We read Goldilocks and the Three Bears, The Magic Fish, Three Little Pigs, and Little Red Hen.’
- We learned how to add and subtract double digit numbers!
- We learned how to write letters!
- We practiced a lot for Student Led Conferences next week!
Spelling Words: took, food, foot, soon, play, class, fly, glad, pray, dress, trust, frame, smile, stop, sleep, snack, wish, shape, much, child
Bible Memory Verse(again): “Man looks on the outward appearance, but the Lord looks on the heart.” 1 Samuel 16:7b
Remember there is no school on Thursday! It is Student Led Conference! Here is the schedule:
Please arrive a few minutes before your time. Your child will be doing all of the talking to you. If you have something to discuss with me, please find an open time on that day or schedule another time to talk to me please!
When your child is done, they will ask, “Do you have any questions?”
Here are some questions you can ask your child about their learning:
What do you like to learn the most at school?
What is your favorite time at school?
What is the hardest part of school?
How can I help you at home?
What are you the most proud of in your portfolio?
What do you want to work on more?
April 5th - Field Day - Parents are invited to come and cheer on their children! Students will do 10 events, then go to the park for a picnic! Please send a home lunch this day!
April 5th - End of 3rd Quarter
April 6-April 14 Spring Break
April 19th Kid City - more information soon!