THANK YOU to all the moms and dads who made the DELICIOUS food for our lunch today! The students had a good time and I had a good time - it was over all a VERY FUN time!! Thank you to the moms who helped serve and help with the crafts and games.
Christmas is only 7 day away! Are you excited? I am excited to spend some time with family.
- Finished the Christmas story with our 12 pictures to describe the story - We even visited the Manger Scene at OCSI to give baby Jesus the gift of the wiseman!
- Wrote a Christmas Acrostic
- Had a special Christmas reader (Thanks Mrs. Woolery!)
- Practiced reading Poetry (and we performed them for K5!)
- Learned about Math Fact Power from IMS (I'm a Math Superhero)
- Made salt dough ornaments (recipe here)
- Finished Unit 4 of Math with a test - Good job students!
AND had a FANTASTIC CHRISTMAS PARTY!!!
Important Details for January
Spelling BEE - The Spelling Bee words were sent home on Wedensday. Please have your child study them over break! Our classroom bee will take place the second week after returning from Christmas Break. The top 3 winners from my class will be able to participate in the 1st and 2nd grade bee later on in January. The words will also be posted here.
Friday, December 19th to January 5th NO SCHOOL Christmas Break
Tuesday, January 6th - School starts
January 9th - Report Cards sent home
January 12th - Kite Day (Make sure to buy a kite over Christmas break, because they tend to sell out in January!)
January 16th - Character Parade (Start thinking of a favorite book character to dress up as!)
January 19th - Martin Luther King Jr Day - NO SCHOOL!
SEE YOU ON JANUARY 6th!!