Reading - We did a Readers Theater together on famous fairy tales. Readers Theaters helps with our fluency and expression in reading. All the students did great! Here are the final videos!
Math: We jumped in to GRAPHS!! They are so fun! We got to survey our classmates, compile the date and answer questions about the graphs. The students are learning important vocabulary like “altogether” and “in all” as well as what “How many more” means. The students had a blast asking each other what their favorite food and pets were this week.
Bible - We finished the unit on the life of David with the crazy story of his son Absalom trying to make himself king! God was faithful throughout David’s life and kept his promises to David.
Spelling: We played some fun spelling games on Thursday - here’s some pics!
Writing: We finished our letter writing unit and moved on to narrative writing take 2. It’ll go a little deeper to help students write pretend stories with good characters!
Social Studies: We learned about the hospitals this week!
Spelling Words: Lord start sort horse far chore more hard part jar an were his
Bible Memory Verse: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6
FRIDAY IS FIELD DAY!!!
Parents are invited to come and enjoy the fun and cheer on the kids!
- Field Day activities are scheduled to begin at 9:00 and end around 11:00.
- Wear a hat, your Friday t-shirt (or a t-shirt of the same color), and comfortable shoes.
- Bring a water bottle and home lunch. Students will walk with their teachers to the new park down the hill for a picnic lunch and play time. A cool treat will be provided by the school for each student.
- Bring sunscreen and remember to apply it several times throughout the day.
- Parents are welcome to join the field day activities and picnic lunch. If you would like to take your child home before 3:00 p.m., please be sure to notify the classroom teacher.
- In case of rain, activities will be held in the gym and times may be adjusted.
SPRING BREAK APRIL 6-14
Kid City - April 19th - Check papers being sent home about Kid City!
May 3rd NO SCHOOL
May 27th No School