Friday, May 30, 2014

Friday News and Information for Week of June 2-6

Hello everyone! I am anxious to hear how Friday went, as I was out of town. I hope the students had fun with Mr. Cusumano! My dad's surgery went well and he is slowly recovering. I was so glad for the Friday I got to spend at the hospital with him and my family. I will be home Sunday night and am excited to see my students on Monday morning!


This week:
Reading: Our strategy was asking questions during reading. Whenever I am reading a book or watching a movie, I am so engaged that I continually ask questions such as, “What is going to happen next?” “Why did he/she do that?” I am often times laughing aloud or saddened as the story goes along. This week, I challenged the students to ask lots of questions while they are reading.

Writing: Our strategy was ‘our writing should make sense’. It is important  check your writing to see if what you wrote makes sense to other people.

Math: We started Unit 10 which is a lot of review over the whole year. We reviewed clocks. We also did some work with double digit addition with a vending machine. The students started making their own vending machine to practice!

Bible: We finished the incredible story of Daniel, where he got thrown into the lion’s den because he continued to pray to God, even when the law of the land said to pray to the king. God closed the mouths of the lions and protected him. We also started the story of Esther, who saved all of her people, because of her courage. God was with Daniel and Esther and he is with us too!

Science: We continued learning about the human body with the digestive system. We learned that food goes in our mouths and down into our stomach, small intestine, large intestine and then out...  We learned that the digestive system gives us energy. We did an experiment to see what happens to our food when it goes into our stomach. 





Ewwwwww

Next Week:
June 2-6 Last full week of school!

Spelling Words: beehive, airplane, football, into, homework, birthday, bookmark, firefly, wildlife, rainbow

Bible Memory Verse: How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news. Romans 10:15