Saturday, August 23, 2014

First Week of School - DONE!


Hello everyone!

Thank you to all the parents who came out to Open House on Friday night. I enjoyed getting to meet all of you and I'm really excited for the rest of the school year.オープンハウスでみなさんに会えて嬉しかったです。今年よろしくおねがいします!

I am still looking for a room mom if anyone would like to volunteer. You don't even have to speak any English! If you are interested, please let me know. まだクラスママを探しています。興味があれば連絡ください。

Please fill out all the forms and return them to school by Monday! 家族アンケートの通訳が必要ならここをクリックしてください。家族アンケート

This week - we learned what First Grade would look like.

We started music and PE class. We learned how to sit on the carpet. We learned how to walk around the classroom. We learned how to line up quickly and quietly outside. We learned how to walk in the hallway. We learned how to sit at our desk. We learned new friend's names. We enjoyed extra recess. It was a lot of procedures, but procedures that are necessary for the whole school year!

Next week, we will start diving more into real school subjects such as math and reading.

For week of August 25-29 there will be no Spelling words yet.

Bible Memory verse for next week "I have hidden your words in my heart, that I might not sin against you." Psalm 119:11