Thank you SO much to all the parents who came out to Parent Teacher Conference on! I enjoyed every moment of sharing with and celebrating together the growth of your child in only 1 quarter! I’m excited to see what will happen in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th quarter!
Reading: Our focus was on setting. Setting is the time and place of a story. It was fun for the students to figure out if a story happened during the day or at night, at a farm or at the beach. I hope the students will continue to figure out the setting as they read stories.
Here's a picture into our Independent Daily 5 time:
|Listen to Reading - Kids A-Z|
|Read to Someone|
|Read to Self|
|Work on Writing|
Writing: We continued learning about procedural writing. The students are creative with their “How to…”
Math: We continued through subtraction and are almost done with the chapter! Next week we will review and take a test on chapter 2. I hope the students are more confident with subtracting now!
Bible: The story of Joseph keeps getting exciting! Pharaoh the king of Egypt himself had a dream and guess who was the only one who could understand the dream? Joseph (with God’s help). The dream was about a famine coming to Egypt. Guess who was put in charge of the whole country to save up food?? Joseph! Now he’s the second most important person in Egypt! And guess who now needs food?? Joseph’s family back in Canaan. The exciting story continues how God is with Joseph!
Christmas Program Practice - we are busy practicing for the Christmas program! Look at the 1st and 2nd graders together!
|Lining up in height order to get ready for Christmas Program Practice!|
Spelling Words: long king ring long sung sink wink bunk on but
Bible Memory: “It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect.” Psalm 18:32
- 11/12: Walkathon - It’s still not too late to sign up! If you’d like to join us on a fun day of walking and raising money for the school, send in ¥7000 and the blue permission slip. Remember, 1st graders have to walk with an adult!
- 11/14: School holiday
- 11/19: PTF Holiday Market - Picture
- 11/23: Professional Development Day - no school for students
- 11/24-25: Thanksgiving vacation
- 11/30: Progress Reports
- 12/2: OCSI Christmas Program (12:30 dismissal for students) Program starts at 7:00pm at the Yomitan Cultural Center 読谷文化センター
- 12/16 - Last Day of School before Christmas Break No lunch in the cafeteria - Classroom Christmas Party!