Happy Friday! We had a great week at OCSI this week.
In Reading and Writing we...
- Read a story and checked for understanding
- Read a story and cross checked the pictures and the words to see if the story made sense
- Wrote a story and underlined the words we didn’t know how to spell
- Did Word Work with macarroni to practice the spelling words
- Read for 20 minutes straight without any interruption INDEPENDENTLY!!!
- We learned what it means to add zero, learned vertical addition, and how to break apart word problems.
- We learned the story of the Tower of Babel, how God confused everyone's languages.
- We reviewed the story of creation, the fall, and Noah's Ark
God's Story: The Fall from Crossroads Kids' Club on Vimeo.
God's Story: Noah from Crossroads Kids' Club on Vimeo.
In Social Studies/Science…
- We learned about the planets in our solar system!
Spelling Words: job, God, mom, hop, top, got, not, fox, a, and
Bible Verse: “The Lord had said to Abram, ‘Leave your country, your people and your father’s household and go to the land I will show you.” Genesis 12:1
September 16 - Toguchi Field Trip
It's not fun to go to the beach without the sun - SO If it is pouring down rain on September 16th in the morning at 8:30am, we will stay at school for the day and reschedule to September 23rd. Pray for good weather! :) ９月１６日の朝、渡久地への遠足が大雨ならば９月２３日に変更します。
- 9/16 Progress Reports sent by email
- 9/19 Teacher Development Day - NO SCHOOL!
- 9/20 Picture Day
- 10/10 Teacher Development Day - NO SCHOOL!